25/05/2014

Swedish Mother's day Mors Dag


Mother's Day is celebrated on the last Sunday in May. Observance of Mother's Day, more or less an import from the U.S.A., was introduced into Sweden in 1919. A brochure was published outlining appropriate festivities - flying the flag, serving Mother breakfast in bed, giving her a day of rest, singing songs and reading poems, asking forgiveness and promising to mend one's ways. Grown-up children living away from home should send greetings. Mother's Day became widely celebrated in the 1930s when promoted in the schools and churches.

Over the years, commercial interests have played an increasing part in promoting Mother's Day, and nowadays a present is virtually obligatory. Schoolchildren make drawings in school, and many mothers are treated to breakfast in bed. Mother's Day festivities resemble a birthday celebration.


Mothers are the sweetest gift from Gods to us. There is no way we can ever really thank our mother for all she does for us nevertheless we must make it a habit to keep reminding ourselves of the various sacrifices she made while raising us. Mothers' Day is the best time to say in words how much you love and care for your mum.

Make your Mother's Day bright by sending her your warmest and heartfelt messages. Come on...Don't shy. Think of some beautiful words, for we all all owe our Mothers a Big Thank You Message!

Motherhood is tough 24 hour job,no pay,no day off, sometimes it is unappreciated, but yet resignation is impossible. A mother is a woman who created by God to bring love, joy, happiness and caring into his world. I am so glad God has created a woman to be a mother, even though motherhood is a full time job, a mother's work is never done. Happy Mother's Day.



My mummy,
You are my 'supermom' in the whole world..
And I'm your 'tinyhero' who always break the rules
but never across the 'wild' borders..
You always protect me with your 'magic touch' & 'mighty hands'..
You never let me down even if I'm so close to be 'terminated' from the universe..
Susanna O Tam, my dearest mummy,
I love u today, tomorrow n till the end..
Happy Mama's Day!

Thank you for all the things you have done for me. I may not understand you on some things but I know that you're only doing what you know is right for me. I thank God for giving you as my mom because there's no other mother who could replace you to me...
"Thank you" may not be enough so receive my hug! hmm..
Happy Mother's Day nanay...
Dear Mom,
I want you to know how much you mean to me.
You have given me guidance, even when I wouldn’t listen. You have loved me when I didn’t deserve it. You have believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself.
You have been my friend, my cheerleader, my counselor, my advocate, my protector, my cook, my nurse, my rock… but my favorite thing you have been is my MOM.
Thank you for giving me the tools to be a happy, kind, and loving person and for setting the example of the kind of mother I want to be to my girls.
I love and appreciate you more than any words could ever express.

No comments: